What is Coaching?
Coaching according to International Coach Federation (ICF), which is the biggest and oldest organization of professional coaching, is a partnering between the coach (HRE) and the coachee (YOU) in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal or professional potential.
Why does coaching work?
Coaching has a fundamental principle. That people can create their own best answers and solutions. The coach is trained to facilitate them in this process. The coach doesn’t play the game; he supports players into playing it better!
The coach brings out your best, reveals your real competencies and aspirations, challenges and energizes you to overcome internal and external obstacles and finally changes your behavior for your best.
Is there proof that coaching works?
Yes!The International Coach Federation Global Coaching Client Study shows that most clients reported improved work performance, better business management, more efficient time management, increased team effectiveness, and more growth and opportunities.
The same study found that coaching clients noted greater self-confidence, enhanced relationships, more effective communications skills, better work-life balance and improvement in wellness. The median suggests that a client who achieved financial benefit from coaching can typically expect a ROI of more than three times the amount spent.
For more details, visit the ICF Research Portal, as well as press releases about ICF’s return-on-investment research.
What is coaching for HRE?
Awareness, Challenge and Shift.
Coaching is an inquiry-based approach to personal and professional development. A catalyst for change. It aims at creating awareness, generating action, and facilitating learning and growth.
We are fully committed to inspire people and teams positively while also challenge them to take courageous steps forward to achieve their goals and create a rewarding and fulfilling work life.
We help them clarify what they really want, discover the hidden professional opportunities, overcome internal and external obstacles and bring out their best. Furthermore, we support business owners and entrepreneurs, to set up their business and move forward.
Ask us how: +30 210 81 60 255
What is the profile of our CLIENTS?
We work with people and teams, managers or executives, in large or small companies of private or public sector, entrepreneurs and business owners, friends, colleagues, exceptional people who are interested in coaching and wish to change their behaviors in order to evolve.
What type of goals can a coach help you achieve?
Every coach has several specialties. We are trained and experienced in helping clients reach several types of goals. We work with the following people:
Corporate people, managers or executives responsible for the success of their branch or division, or sales teams, who need to:
- Reach high targets and quotas.
Accomplishing this consistently, requires a manager who also coaches the team to work together to reach its goals. We coach managers and executives and show them how to coach their people to reach these targets.
- Pull off large projects.
Completing projects and implementing programs such as enhanced customer service and customer relationship development.
- Substantially increase productivity and work satisfaction.
Changing the organization culture, developing teamwork based on values, aligning departmental goals with the company’s mission, and finally shifting the firm to be innovative and profit-driven. Not just the “work harder” approach, but also the “work smarter and differently” that is imperative nowdays.
Expand their career and be ready to reexamine and prioritize their personal and professional goals, take actions and move forward with their lives.
- They are exploring new career opportunities.
- They want to achieve work - life balance.
- They are newly hired or they are just promoted as managers and they are responsible for team’s results.
- They need to make big decisions and move forward with their career in the same or different company/organization.
- They are expatriates and feel isolated from the mother company.
Teams who have to be empowered and leaded for quicker and better results. Winning teams need to:
- Be inspired and empowered over a certain goal.
- Be aligned with vision, goals and values of the company / organization.
- Resolve conflicts and communicate effectively.
- Be successfully leaded in difficult projects.
- Overcome clients rejections and low sales disappointments.
- Be endorsed in crisis time (downsizing, retirements, changes).
Entrepreneurs, professionals and business owners who:
- Need to bring their organization to the next level
- Want to expand their business significantly.
- Are fully committed but in need of a specific plan of action.
- Want strategic planning to make the most of the resources they have
- Are in trouble. Can’t meet the payroll. Sales declining.
- Face problems with key staff. Having personal conflicts or problems.
- Are under too much stress.
- Need to manage time and prioritize actions to be taken.
- Are women entrepreneurs or business owners who face challenges.
- Run family businesses and face succession issues.
What are our coaching areas of specialization?
- Executive & Leadership Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Business coaching
- Team coaching
During our sessions I:
Listen. I fully listen . You are the main focus. I listen to what you say, what you are trying to say, and what you are not saying.
Learn, dig and share. After you have fully communicated and you have discovered your real wants, we share ideas, comments, dilemmas, and/or opportunities.
Empower. If you are up to something or a great challenge is unlighted, I am with you, full of endorsement, compassion, and acknowledgement.
Challenge. I want a lot for you. I want you to be healthy, happy, and successful. I want you to enjoy your family and friends. I want you to lead a life that inspires others—and yourself. As such, I make requests and I am waiting for actions to be taken from you.
Stand up for you. I support you in every step you take in order to move forward making every dream of yours come true.
How is coaching distinct from other professions?
Professional coaching focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes and managing personal change. Sometimes it’s helpful to understand coaching by distinguishing it from other personal or organizational support professions.
- Therapy: Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual's emotional functioning in the present. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one's work or personal life.
- Consulting: Individuals or organizations retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions. With coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery-based approaches and frameworks.
- Mentoring: A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counseling and coaching. The coaching process does not include advising or counseling, and focuses instead on individuals or groups setting and reaching their own objectives.
- Training: Training programs are based on objectives set out by the trainer or instructor. Though objectives are clarified in the coaching process, they are set by the individual or team being coached, with guidance provided by the coach. Training also assumes a linear learning path that coincides with an established curriculum. Coaching is less linear without a set curriculum.
- Athletic Development: Though sports metaphors are often used, professional coaching is different from sports coaching. The athletic coach is often seen as an expert who guides and directs the behavior of individuals or teams based on his or her greater experience and knowledge. Professional coaches possess these qualities, but their experience and knowledge of the individual or team determines the direction. The focus is on identifying opportunity for development based on individual strengths and capabilities.
What is the difference between accrediting and credentialing?
At ICF, coaching training programs are Accredited while coaches are Credentialed. ICF’s Accreditation service for Coach training schools defines curriculum standards to ensure consistency in coach training programs and consistency among coaching professionals. ICF Credentials are awarded to professional coaches who have met stringent education and experience requirements, and have demonstrated mastery of the coaching competencies.
Human Resources Expertise
11, Olympionikon St.
Kryoneri Attikis 145 68
Athens - Greece
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +30 210 81 60 255